Understanding The Hazards Of Riding A Motorcycle In Washington State
There’s no debate about the fact that riding a motorcycle is dangerous. According to the Washington Traffic Safety Commission, about 20 percent of motorcycle collisions are either fatal or result in “serious injury.” Just 3 percent of road travelers statewide are motorcyclists, but they account for 15 percent of traffic deaths and 19 percent of serious traffic injuries.
Although some of the dangers of motorcycle riding are inherent (including the lack of protection during a crash), there are also numerous human factors that need to be recognized. Other drivers often fail to notice motorcyclists or to give them the room and respect they deserve, and such negligence and discourtesy can be dangerous or even deadly.
We Can Help You Seek Compensation And Justice
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent driver, you have the right to pursue compensation. At Retacco Law Offices, Inc. P.S., we have been advocating for injured motorcyclists for nearly 50 years.
Some of the most common motorcycle accident scenarios include:
- Left-turn accidents: When other drivers make left turns across oncoming traffic, putting themselves in the path of an approaching motorcyclist
- Rear-end collisions: When cars and trucks follow too closely behind motorcyclists, leading to a collision
- Improper passing and lane changes: When other drivers fail to leave enough room when passing or changing lanes
- Run-off accidents: When motorcyclists are run off the road because they are forced to quickly react to the dangerous encroachment of other drivers
- Road-debris/spills accidents: When motorcyclists slip or skid on debris or liquids generated by larger cars and trucks
Motorcycle accidents may have numerous causes and contributing factors. Even if you are unsure of all the details of your crash, it is worth discussing your case with an experienced personal injury attorney. You may have more rights and legal options than you realize.
Contact Us Today For A Free Initial Consultation
Retacco Law Offices is based in Federal Way, Washington, and serves clients throughout the area. To take advantage of a free initial consultation, call us at 253-948-4946 or send us an email.